Important note: Deadline to downgrade Meal Plans is October 1st, 2021. Meal plans can always be upgraded.
Please note: The minimum meal plan for all first year students living in residence is the 315 block meal plan. Students can always select a larger meal plan, if they wish.
Buy your meals for the entire year with block plans!
|Meal Plans||Guest passes Included||2021-22 Rates|
|315 Block Plan & $300 DCB||10||$5355|
|415 Block Plan & $300 DCB||20||$6075|
|Unlimited Block Plan & $300 DCB||30||$6365|
Students staying on campus are required to purchase meal plans. Find out more below about the requirements per residence.
*Included in the Unlimited Meal Plan is the Take 3 option. This swipe can be used twice a day in any two meal periods - breakfast, lunch, supper.
*A Declining Card Balance (DCB) is simply money that will be deposited into your Deb-X Account that allows you to purchase items at various cafes throughout campus, at the StFX Store and at printing stations. It works like a debit system. Set-up your Deb-X account to track your usage and add money.
**Save by adding non taxable to your Deb-X account and increase your DCB before the academic year begins. The offer is only available to students carrying a full board plan (one of the above).
Meal Plan Terms Breakdown
BLOCK (BOARD) MEAL PLAN
Consists of the 315, 415, and Unlimited. Declines with each use (swipe). At the end of the year any unused meals expire. It is the only meal plan that comes with guest passes. For returning students living in Riley or O'Regan Halls, the minimum meal plan option is 155 Block + $600 DCB. The 155 Block plan is not available for first year students.
TAXABLE DECLINING BALANCE (TAXABLE DCB)
Taxable declining balance is funds available on your student card for use at the StFX food outlets. Purchases are subject to sales tax.
- Taxable declining balance is available for purchase throughout the academic year
- Additional taxable declining balance purchased remaining (over $20) at the end of the end of the academic year is refundable less a $15 administration fee.
- All DCB dollars that are a part of a meal plan expire at the end of the academic year.
- Taxable DCB associated with the minimum meal plan commitment for Governors & apartments is non refundable at the end of the academic year.
NON TAXABLE DECLINING BALANCE (NON TAXABLE DCB)
Non taxable declining balance is funds available on your student card for use at the StFX food outlets. Purchases are not subject to sales tax.
- Non taxable DCB can be used to purchase only items that are made on campus. For example; salads, bagels, muffins, coffee, soup.
- All meal plans and DCB dollars that are part of a meal plan are non refundable (with the exception of academic withdrawal, please see University Housing Contract for more detail).
- Non taxable DCB cannot be transferred to taxable.
- Presentation of your student (meal) card is required for all transactions.
- You cannot lend or borrow your card and meals are non transferable.
- Lost meal cards should be reported immediately to the University Housing Office. Please go to Security to have a replacement student ID/meal card printed. The cost is $20.