Immersion Service Learning - Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be interviewed. Successful applicants will be assessed on the basis of the following qualities:
- Curiosity and open-mindedness about another culture.
- Willingness to work hard while at service placements
- Ability to listen and respond thoughtfully.
- Past experience with volunteer work and groups considered an asset , but not neccesary.
- Self-confidence, ease at meeting people; a sense of caring.
- Sense of humor, cheerful outlook.
- Ability to reflect on one’s own values.
- Understanding that this is a restricted kind of travel experience, with little personal freedom to come and go as one might please. Willingness to live cheerfully with these restrictions during the experience.
- A second language is NOT required