1. The membership of the Library Committee is as follows:
a) Academic Vice-President & Provost as Chair
b) the Deans of Faculties
c) the University Librarian
d) six (6) Faculty Members, two (2) from Arts, two (2) from Science, one (1) from Business, and one (1) from Education, elected by Senate,
e) one (1) Librarian nominated by the Librarians
f) two (2) Students appointed by the Vice-President of the Students' Union
2. The Faculty Members are elected for three year terms, with a maximum of one renewal.
Terms of Reference:
1. The principal responsibilities of the Library Committee are:
a) to advise the Librarian on the formulation of policy with respect to the administration (acquisition, service, staffing, equipment, space, and budgets) of the University Library
b) to review and make recommendations regarding the University Librarian's budget (for acquisitions, staff, renovations and equipment) to the University Budget Committee.
2. The Library Committee should meet at least four (4) times per year, to deal with such matters as may be brought before it with respect to Library policy regarding service, acquisitions and staffing; and specifically:
a) in October to deal with expenditures relative to budget and to discuss the Librarian's written report to the October meeting of Senate.
b) at a January meeting to deal with (1) (b)
c) at a May meeting to (i) review the year end (March 31) actual to budget performance
3. The Committee reports, through the Chair, to the April meeting of Senate.
DATE: April Meeting
TERM: Three (3) Years
NUMBER: Six (6) Faculty