In general, the goals of the Committee are to develop programs for Faculty members who seek assistance in improving their teaching, and to foster a teaching environment which is conducive to learning and encourages excellence, through all stages of an academic career.
A) Initially, and periodically thereafter, the Committee shall undertake a review of Faculty needs related to their teaching development and propose and rank programs for serving those needs.
B) In particular, the Committee should annually develop and revise programs which shall
1. introduce new faculty appointees to the teaching expectations of the University, their Faculty and their Departments;
2. provide multi-media resources for use by Faculty;
3. meet such other faculty needs as may be identified.
The Committee shall develop a rolling budget for the implementation of its programs for each of the ensuing three fiscal years, for discussion with and presentation to the Academic Vice-President. The Academic Vice-President shall then seek approval of the budget through the normal process.
- Two elected members of the Faculty of Arts,
- Two elected members of the Faculty of Science,
- One elected member of the Faculty of Education
- One elected member of the Faculty of Business.
- One full-time student appointed by the President of the Students’ Union
- AAU representative
ELECTED by: Faculties of Arts, Science, Education and Business
DATE: Spring meeting
Number: 6 in total
Term: 3 years, rotating