The Angus L. Macdonald Library is excited to announce the removal of late fees on all materials and equipment in our collection effective immediately. Late fees have also been eliminated on items borrowed from the general collections of Novanet member libraries.*
*Late fees may be incurred on items borrowed from other Novanet member libraries' special collections. Please refer to the owning library for more information on their fees.
The library is pleased to be a part of the Novanet initiative to make general library collections more accessible and equitable and to take it a step further to include all other collections and equipment available at the Angus L. Macdonald Library.
“One of the core values of libraries is providing equal access to information. We recognize library fines pose an equity issue by creating a financial barrier to accessing information. Fines also contribute to student debt.”
- Suzanne van den Hoogen, Novanet chair.
- Patrons are still responsible for replacement charges when an item belonging to any Novanet member library is lost or damaged in their possesion.
- Replacement charges are unique to each item and are billed at the cost for the library to replace in the present time.
- When library material is borrowed, each item is stamped with the date it is due. Items must be returned or renewed on or before the due date, otherwise borrowers will incur replacement charges on the schedule outlined in the table below.
- Patrons will be notified by email before and after the item(s) borrowed come due.
- The non-receipt of reminder, overdue or recall notices does not relieve the borrower from liability or sanctions.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when fees owed reach $20.00.
- Note: these charges can be incurred from any of the Novanet member libraries or on items borrowed via Inter-library Loan or Document Delivery.
- Fees may be paid at the main service desk of the Angus L. Macdonald Library, or any of the Novanet member libraries.
|Collection||1st Ovedue Notice||2nd Overdue Notice||3rd Overdue Notice||Bill for Replacement|
|General Collection||6-days overdue||9-days overdue||12-days overdue||14-days overdue|
|Reserve Items, equipment, Music/AV Materials, Other Short-Term Loans||1-day overdue||2-days overdue||n/a||3-days overdue|