Masters of Applied Computer Science (MACS) (Course-based program)
StFX offers a 16-month to 2-year course-based Master's program in Computer Science.
What is the MACS?
The MACS program is a course-based Masters (full-time) completed over a period of a 16 months or 2 years of full-time study. It is open to students with an undergraduate major in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of courses. Students have flexibility to select from numerous elective courses to design a Master’s program that meets their professional interests and aspirations. Students will also have the option to complete an elective, project-based course in a workplace environment or a co-operative education option.
More information about the MACS is available on the Computer Science Department webpage.
• 4 year degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70%.
(Typically students will have completed at least 12 undergraduate courses in computer science. See this link for details.)
• Evidence of English proficiency if English is not your first language: IELTS 6.5 with no band below 6.
Note that graduate programs demand very strong English language skills. While IELTS 6.5 (no bands less than 6.0) is the minimum requirement, a higher IELTS score may strengthen the application.
- Program Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fee information for International Students. Students in this program are not eligible for StFX Scholarships.
Next intake: September 2021 (start date September 1, 2021). No January intake.
Application Deadline: We will begin reviewing applications on October 15, 2020 for September 2021 intake.
How to Apply
1. Download and fill-in the Application Form - Master of Applied Computer Science
2. Gather the supporting documents:
- Completed application form
- Statement of intent (See the Application Form for details)
- Two reference letters (See the Application Form for details)
- Original transcripts: No students will be accepted to the university until original transcripts have been received and verified. Arrange to have sealed transcripts sent from each college or university you have attended.
- Evidence of language proficiency
3. Pay the application fee
You can pay the application fee one of the following ways:
- Write your credit card information in the section of the application form called “Checklist for Applicants”
- Call the Admissions Office during business hours (8:30am-4:30pm AST) and pay by credit card over the phone. Toll free number: 1-844-299-2527.
- Send a money order by post or courier to the Admissions Office:
StFX Admissions Office
2329 Notre Dame Avenue
2nd Floor Nicholson Tower
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Canada B2G 2W5
4. Submit documents
- Documents can be mailed or emailed to the StFX Admissions Office email@example.com
- Reference letters must be emailed or mailed by the referees.
- Offical transcripts must be sent by the insitutions you have attended.
Applications will not be reviewed until all supporting documents are received and the application fee is paid. Decisions will take 4-6 weeks after all documents have been received.