StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- Online applications will open Monday, April 19, 2021 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in Fall 2021.
- Apply using the online application availeble here: APPLY NOW!
- Applications will be open for 4 weeks and close at 10 pm, Sunday, May 16, 2021.
- Visit the StFX Entrance Bursaries webpage to learn more.
StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs for Current University Students:
- The General program has four rounds of awards each year, with applications available in October, November, January and February. Each application is open for two weeks.
- All General Bursaries for the 2020-21 academic year have been awarded and this program is now closed.
- The Limited program have two rounds of award each year, with applications available in September and January. Each application is open for four weeks.
- All Limited Bursaries for the 2020-21 academic year will be awarded by the end of March, notification will be sent to recipients via their StFX email.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX to apply to either program.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program for Current University Students:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Students may apply using the online Student Emergency Fund Application Form for the winter 2021 term.
Note about Renewable Bursaries in the Entrance and Limited Bursary Programs:
Renewable bursaries must be applied for each year, renewals are not automatic. The recipient must demonstrate that they continue to have need and meet the criteria in each subsequent year of study for the renewal to be granted. If a renewal is not granted, it cannot be regained in a future year of study. A student who has lost a renewable bursary may be considered again as a new recipient in a future year as part of a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of the bursary.
Renewal eligibly does not extend between programs. If, while studying in a diploma or degree program at StFX a bursary is awarded with the potential to be renewed, renewals will only be considered during the completion of that diploma or degree program. Should a recipient graduate and begin studies in a new academic program, they may be considered as a new recipient within a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of a renewable bursary during their previous diploma or degree studies.
Note to Grade 12 Students:
Apply to the Limited and General Bursary Programs once you have begun your studies at StFX, you cannot be considered for funding in either of these programs while you are still in high school.