The Financial Aid Office is available as a resource to students who need information about student loan programs. While the university itself does not have a financial aid program students can use to apply for loan funding, StFX is pleased to participate in government student loan programs with both Canada and the USA. StFX is also a recognized foreign higher education institution in Ecuador's SENESCYT program. Our office is here to help students who may be experiencing difficulties with their application and need help navigating these programs.
The Financial Aid Office administers the university’s four bursary programs: Emergency, Entrance, General and Limited. Details about eligibility and the bursaries offered through each program may be accessed through the menu on the right. The office also assists students with their personal financial planning and credit management skills.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- Online applications will open Monday, April 10, 2021 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in Fall 2021.
- Apply using the online application availeble here: APPLY NOW!
- Applications will be open for 4 weeks and close at 10 pm, Sunday, May 16, 2021.
- Visit the StFX Entrance Bursaries webpage to learn more.
StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs for Current University Students:
- The General program has four rounds of awards each year, with applications available in October, November, January and February. Each application is open for two weeks.
- All General Bursaries for the 2020-21 academic year have been awarded and this program is now closed.
- The Limited program have two rounds of award each year, with applications available in September and January. Each application is open for four weeks.
- All Limited Bursaries for the 2020-21 academic year will be awarded by the end of March, notification will be sent to recipients via their StFX email.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX to apply to either program.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program for Current University Students: