The Financial Aid Office is available as a resource to students who need information about student loan programs. While the university itself does not have a financial aid program students can use to apply for loan funding, StFX is pleased to participate in government student loan programs with both Canada and the USA. StFX is also a recognized foreign higher education institution in Ecuador's SENESCYT program. Our office is here to help students who may be experiencing difficulties with their application and need help navigating these programs.
The Financial Aid Office administers the university’s four bursary programs: Emergency, Entrance, General and Limited. Details about eligibility and the bursaries offered through each program may be accessed through the menu on the right. The office also assists students with their personal financial planning and credit management skills.
SPECIAL - StFX Holiday Fund for Student Parents:
- Each year the Financial Aid Office accepts donations from the StFX campus community to support a Holiday Fund for Student Parents for the holiday season. This fund provides grocery cards to qualifying student parents in need to purchase food and gifts for their families over the holiday season. The average gift card amount offered is $100 per family.
- Students must be registered in the fall 2020 term. To express interest in being considered for a grocery card student parents may complete the application here: 2020 Holiday Fund for Student Parents Application.
- Deadline to apply: noon AST on Tuesday, December 8, 2020, late applications cannot be accepted. Applicants will be notified of decisions via their StFX email account by Friday, December 11, 2020.
StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs:
- The General program will have four rounds of awards during the 2020-21 academic year. Applications will open on October 1, 2020 (round 1), November 4, 2020 (round 2), January 6, 2021 (round 3) and February 3, 2021 (round 4). Each application will be open for two weeks.
- The Limited program will open for application on September 14, 2020 for the Fall 2020 term and on January 6, 2021 for the Winter 2021 term. Each application will be open for four weeks.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Students may apply using the online Student Emergency Fund Application Form for the fall 2020 term.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- All bursaries have now been awarded for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Applications will open in spring of 2021 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in Fall 2021.