Terms of Reference
An endowment fund will be created from the Estate of Dr. Charles MacLeod ‘46 to provide funds for use by the Faculty of Science at St. Francis Xavier University.
- The endowment has been established from the Estate Gift from Dr. Charles MacLeod, class of 1946.
- Annual revenue will be available to the Faculty of Science based on the rate of return on the endowment as determined by the StFX investment committee.
- The fund will be administered by the Dean of Science in consultation with the Department Chairs within the Faculty of Science.
- Based on Dr. Charles MacLeod pioneering surgery, preference will be given to projects assisting pre-medical studies.
- Any unused revenue on an annual basis will be re-invested into the capital account.
MacLEOD, Dr. Charles W. - 82 year old Dr. Charles W. MacLeod, a native of Dunvegan, Inverness Co., who pioneered hand surgery by re-attaching a severed hand of an accident victim in the Michigan area, died November 2, 2007. Dr. MacLeod studied at Dunvegan School, St. F.X. University, University of Ottawa Medical School, and specialized in surgery in Grace Hospital, Detroit. He was a leader in his chosen field of medicine. He is survived by his wife, Sandra (Markovich); sisters, Theresa, Halifax; Alice (the late Jacques) Beaubien, Richmond, Que.; Catherine (Bob) Schiffman, Cape Cod; Sister Evelyn, CND, Sydney; Christina (the late John) MacLellan, Deepdale. He was predeceased by brothers, Father John, Murdock; sister, Sister Mary, CSM. He is also survived by good friend, Jean Marie King, who rendered valuable service to the MacLeods. Funeral took place in St. Aidan's Catholic Church, Livonia. Michigan. December 21, 2007.