Are you a survivor of sexual assault?

WE BELIEVE YOU. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. It is your right to decide what resources you want to access and whether or not you choose to disclose and or report.


  • How to Disclose (Disclosing is to get support)
    • The Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Advocate is your resource on campus for disclosing sexual violence.  The SVPRA meets with students in person, on the phone, or through email to provide information, connection and support.  When working with the SVPRA you can expect respectful, understanding and non-judgemental responses.  You will not be required or pushed to share details or information you are not comfortable with. The SVPRA can help with:
      • Understanding your options
      • Safety planning
      • Immediate measures/accomodations
      • Information about and referrals to support services available on and off campus
      • Academic support/accomodation 
      • Ongoing support & advocacy


  • How to Report (Reporting is to have the University and/or the RCMP do an investigation)
    • If you want to report you can email at first, but eventually you will have to set up a meeting with the Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Advocate. She will provide the same support described above and will also review the reporting options and processes with you.  
    •  If you would like to report to the RCMP you can physically go into the detachment, located on 4 Fairview Road, Antigonish, and ask to speak to an officer or you can call the detachment at 902-863-6500 (link to map).  The SVPRA can also help by calling the RCMP on your behalf and can have an officer meet you on campus if you prefer.

For more information, please visit our Resources and Options page.