Buy your meals per week or for the entire year with block plans!
|Meal Plans||Guest passes Included||2018-19 Rates|
|10 Traditional Meals per week & $250 DCB||No||$4,740|
|14 Traditional Meals per week & $300 DCB||No||$5,175|
|17 Traditional Meals per week & $250 DCB||No||$5,525|
|315 Block Plan & $250 DCB||10||$4,870|
|415 Block Plan & $300 DCB||20||$5,620|
|515 Block Plan & $250 DCB||30||$5,770|
Students staying on campus are required to purchase meal plans. Find out more below about the requirements per residence.
**Save by adding non taxable to your Deb-X accountand increase your DBC before the academic year begins. The offer is only available to students carrying a full board plan (one of the above).
Meal Plan Terms Breakdown
BLOCK (BOARD) MEAL PLAN
Consists of the 315, 415, and 515. Declines with each use (swipe). At the end of the year any unused meals expire. It is the only meal plan that comes with guest passes. For returning students living in Riley or O'Regan Halls, the minimum meal plan option is 155 Block + $600 DCB. The 155 Block plan is not available for first year students.
TRADITIONAL MEAL PLAN
Consists of the 10, 14, and 17. Declines with each use (swipe). Any unused meals carry into the next week. At the end of the month any unused meals expire. The minimum meal plan for all first year students living in residence is the 10 Traditional plan. Students can always select a larger meal plan, if they wish.
TAXABLE DECLINING BALANCE (TAXABLE DCB)
Taxable declining balance is funds available on your student card for use at the StFX food outlets. Purchases are subject to sales tax.
- Taxable declining balance is available for purchase throughout the academic year
- Additional taxable declining balance purchased remaining (over $20) at the end of the end of the academic year is refundable less a $15 administration fee.
- All DCB dollars that are a part of a meal plan expire at the end of the academic year.
- Taxable DCB associated with the minimum meal plan commitment for Governors & apartments is non refundable at the end of the academic year.
NON TAXABLE DECLINING BALANCE (NON TAXABLE DCB)
Non taxable declining balance is funds available on your student card for use at the StFX food outlets. Purchases are not subject to sales tax.
- Non taxable DCB can be used to purchase only items that are made on campus. For example; salads, bagels, muffins, coffee, soup.
- Non taxable DCB is available for purchase before the academic year begins. Only to students who will carry a full board plan (10, 14, 17 meals per week or 315, 415, 515 meals per year) are eligible to purchase this type.
- All meal plans and DCB dollars that are part of a meal plan are non refundable (with the exception of academic withdrawal).
- Non taxable DCB cannot be transferred to taxable.
- Presentation of your student (meal) card is required for all transactions.
- You cannot lend or borrow your card and meals are non transferable.
- Lost meal cards should be reported immediately to the Residence Office. Please go to Security to have a replacement student ID/meal card card printed.