NEW PARKING REGISTRATION
If you have not registered for a StFX DAILY parking tag in the past but require one for the 2020-2021 year, please register your vehicle with Safety & Security Services, either in person or online. All StFX students and employees who intend to park on campus MUST register their vehicles with Safety & Security Services and display an approved DAILY parking tag.
Click here to REGISTER VEHICLE
Please be advised that StFX will continue to have an overnight parking fee. Only students living in residence will be eligible to register for and purchase an OVERNIGHT parking tag, and all students with OVERNIGHT tags will be required to park in designated OVERNIGHT parking areas. Students who purchase an OVERNIGHT parking tag do not need to register for a DAILY parking tag.
Those students living in residence who wish to leave vehicles overnight on campus will need to purchase an OVERNIGHT parking tag at a cost of $250 for the full academic year (September 1st, 2020 – August 31st, 2021) or $150 for one academic term.
Students can register for an OVERNIGHT parking tag online or by visiting the StFX University Housing office, located in the basement of Morrison Hall. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
Students may pay by phone with a credit card or in person at the StFX University Housing office. Cash, debit and credit cards are accepted in person. Please note: Due to the high volume of calls that the University Housing office receives, please do not leave a message. Instead, please call back. Thank you.
OVERNIGHT tags will be available on a first-come, first-served basis upon payment received. Please note that due to our limited parking capacity, we cannot guarantee that all students wishing to purchase an OVERNIGHT parking tag will receive one. After payment has been received, OVERNIGHT parking tags can be picked up at the StFX University Housing office.
OVERNIGHT tags DO NOT authorize the holder to park in “University Authorized Vehicles Only” parking spaces around campus.
Should you decide to not bring a vehicle to campus, a number of transportation options are at your disposal including the StFX Students’ Union Drive-U, Antigonish Community Transit, and Maritime Bus. Many services and amenities, including grocery stores and the Antigonish Mall, are within walking distance of campus.
- Overnight Parking Tags MUST be clearly visible in your vehicle at all times when parked on campus. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed.
- All vehicles MUST be parked in an approved parking space in one of the designated Overnight Parking areas: P3, P4, P6, P8, P13, P16. A link to the Campus Parking Map is provided below. Overnight Parking Tags DO NOT guarantee a parking space in a specific parking area.
- When requested by the University, all vehicles MUST be relocated to support parking area maintenance or other campus requirements.
- All vehicles should be moved frequently to enable parking area maintenance.
- Parking in Bloomfield Centre parking area P5 is permitted until 3 AM to accommodate events. Parking in all other non-overnight parking areas is permitted until 1 AM.
Click here to REGISTER VEHICLE
AUTHORIZED AND VISITOR PARKING
- 15-Minute Visitor Parking Spaces are also designated across campus to provide short-term access to high-use buildings/facilities.
- Visitors may also park in daily parking areas in a valid parking space.
- Guests may use daily parking spaces on campus as available.
- Guests of the University may be pre-approved to park in "University Authorized Vehicles Only" spaces to accommodate for special events.
- Requests for authorized parking privileges MUST be made IN ADVANCE with StFX Safety & Security Services for approval. If approved, directions as to where to park the vehicle on campus will be provided. Failure to communicate IN ADVANCE may result in the vehicle being ticketed and towed.
- Prospective students and their families touring the University must obtain an AUTHORIZED parking tag from Safety & Security Services if parked in a University Authorized Parking Only space (Campus Tour Coordinator will facilitate this).
- Accessible parking spaces are available thoughtout the campus. Accessible parking spaces are regulated provincially and authorization for use of these spaces requires an accessible parking tag issued by the province of Nova Scotia.
- Accessible parking tags are only to be used by the authorized user of the tag or when the authorized user is in the vehicle.
- Accessible parking tags MUST be clearly visible in the vehicle at all times.
- Unauthorized use of accessible parking spaces will result in a parking violation being issued along with the vehicle being towed.
Parking accommodations may also be made available to persons with certain medical conditions. Please contact Safety & Security Services IN ADVANCE to request approval. If approved, directions as to where to park your vehicle on campus will be provided. Failure to communicate IN ADVANCE may result in the vehicle being ticketed and towed.
ST. NINIAN'S PARKING
- Parking at St. Ninian's Cathedral (east and west sides) is available daily between 1 PM and 1 AM unless there is a funeral or other event at the Cathedral. St. Ninian’s Parish will post FUNERAL PARKING ONLY signs at the entrance to each lot advising that parking is not permitted that day or until the reserved parking signs are removed. Overnight parking and parking before 1 PM in these areas is prohibited.
- Parking at St. Ninian’s Place is available daily between 6 AM and 1 AM, unless the space is needed for a funeral or other event. In this case, St. Ninian’s Parish will post FUNERAL PARKING ONLY signs advising that parking is not permitted that day or until the reserved parking signs are removed. Overnight parking in this area is prohibited between 1 AM and 6 AM.
- the violation number
- their concerns and questions
- an image of the parking violation
All correspondence will be reviewed by Security Officers and the Manager of StFX Safety & Security Services. A response will be provided at the earliest opportunity.
Please be advised that StFX plans to implement a campus-wide paid parking system beginning in September 2021. This shift to paid parking is in line with our goal to create a more pedestrian-centric campus that reduces traffic congestion. More information will be shared in the coming months.
StFX appreciates the cooperation of all vehicle owners. Please note that it is your responsibility to be aware of the parking signs around you, and that all vehicles not in compliance will be issued written violations and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
Please contact StFX Safety & Security Services for any questions regarding campus parking at email@example.com or by phone at 902-867-4444.