Our research deals predominantly with the interaction between atoms or molecules and light. However, it touches a huge variety of topics, including quantum optics and quantum information, stopping and retrieving light, the coldest matter in the universe (Bose-Einstein condensates), fundamental questions in quantum physics, gauge fields, and relativity.
- Peter Marzlin, Group Leader
- Liam Farell, 2018. Liam works on accelerated electrons.
- Bryan Canam, 2018. Bryan works on quantum trajectories.
- James Kendall, 2017. James worked on photonic band gaps.
- Creighton Jewkes, 2017. Creighton worked on the Bell paradox.
- Sachin Mohandas, 2017. Sachin worked on molecular interferometry.
- Pheerawich Chitnelawong, 2016. Pheerawich worked on generalized forces in Relativity.
- Bryce Fitzgerald, 2015-16. Bryce worked on distribution splitting in quantum optics
- Michael Kinach, 2014-16. Michael worked on light propagation in curved space-time
- Taylor Landry, 2013-15. Taylor worked on Raman spectroscopy and the foundations of quantum theory.
- Rachel Kiefl, 2014-15. Rachel worked on the quantum measurement process.
- Stephen Deering, 2012-14. Stephen worked on open quantum systems in phase space.
- Thomas Lee, 2011-12. Thomas worked on relativistic quantum mechanics
- Anuraj Panwar, postdoc 2010-12. Anuraj worked on atom-plasma mixtures
- Jeremie Choquette, PhD student 2008-12. Jeremie worked on quantum electrodynamics of surface plasmons
- Victoria Bishop, summer student 2010. Victoria worked on counterfactual quantum communication