II. OFFICERS OF SENATE:
1. The Officers of Senate (“Officers”) shall consist of: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Vice-Secretary and Past Chair.
2. The following Officers shall be elected from among the elected Faculty members of the Senate for one-year terms or until their successor is appointed. The Chair and the Secretary are to be elected at the April meeting of Senate. The Vice-Chair and Vice-Secretary are to be elected at the October meeting of Senate. The Vice-Chair and Vice-Secretary will be expected to offer for the office of Chair and Secretary respectively.
3. The terms of office for Officers of Senate begin on May 16.
4. The Past Chair shall take office for a one-year term immediately upon completion of his/her term as Chair.
5. The Committee on Nominations shall provide nominations for vacant Officer positions. Following these nominations the Chair shall call for nominations from the floor. Voting in a contested election shall be by secret and preferential ballot.
6. In the event that an Officer resigns or the position otherwise becomes vacant, the Senate Steering Committee shall recommend to Senate a temporary replacement from amongst the Officers or elected Faculty representatives until the next scheduled election.
7. The Chair provides general oversight of the business of Senate and chairs meetings of Senate and the Senate Steering Committee.
8. The Secretary shall give notice of Senate meetings and record the minutes of these meetings and inform the University Community of the business of Senate by posting the agenda one week prior to each meeting and by distributing, no later than one week after each meeting a report of the motions and announcements made.
ELECTED BY: University Senate
DATE: April meeting
TERM: Chair, 1 year. Secretary, 1 year