The Committee advises on University policy and practices related to research as follows:
- Act as an advisory board for the Associate Vice--‐President Research, including but not limited to advice on evaluation of progress in research and celebration of research
- Develop and support policies and programs that encourage research by St. FrancisXavier University faculty, as well as by graduate and undergraduate students.
- Review, advise and make recommendations to the appropriate academic committees (General faculty, AP&P, Senate etc)
- Advise and make recommendations on research matters referred to the Committee by Senate
- Advise on University Services and overhead in support of research
- Advise on Outward policies of the University regarding research: particularly the Strategic Research Plan
- Review and advise on the creation of new Research Centres and Institutes and the appointment of Directors of these.
- Advise on the disbursement of Research Chairs
- Advise on strategies to attain objectives and maximize funding
- Review and advise on effective communication and dissemination internally and externally about research at StFX, including but not limited to the Research Website.
Eight elected members of faculty representing the diversity of the research clusters as outlined in the University’s Strategic Research Plan, at least one member from each Faculty, 1 appointed member, Coady Institute, Ex-officio: Academic Vice-President and Deans of Faculty, University Librarian, and Associate Vice-President Research (Chair).
8 Faculty Members
Coady International Institute Rep.
Academic Vice‐President and Provost
Associate Vice-President Research
Dean of Arts
Dean of Science
Dean of Education
Dean of Business