TERMS OF REFERENCE
The purpose of the Jules Léger Endowment for the Faculty of Arts is to promote and advance the study of the Humanities and Social Sciences by providing support that engages St. F.X. students and faculty with contemporary scholarship, creative pedagogy, and leadership training opportunities. Support from the Endowment shall take the form of the following five categories:
1. The Jules Léger Lecture Series in the Arts
2. Student Conferences and Colloquia
3. Faculty Development in Pedagogical and Administrative Leadership
4. The Jules Léger Undergraduate Scholarship for Achievement in the Humanities and Social Sciences
5. The Jules Léger Research Chairs in the Humanities and Social Sciences
A Selection Committee composed of the Academic Vice-President and Provost as Chair, the Dean of Arts, the Dean of Science, and four faculty members appointed by the President – two (2) from the Humanities and two (2) from the Social Sciences – shall be established to rank the applications in each category.