Disbanded by Senate, November 1998; its responsibilities were transferred to the
Academic Priorities and Planning Committee and to the Quality of Life Committee.
A Committee on Enrolment was established by the University Senate at its meeting of January 9, 1979.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Shall be the combined terms as listed in paragraph 20 and 21 of Dr. Duncan's report (Dec. 5, 1978).--[A combination of the term of reference listed for the proposed Committee on Student Recruitment and Student Retention Committee which were not approved by the Senate.]
1. To assist various university officers in ensuring a satisfactory level of recruitment.
2. To receive and analyse historical enrolment statistics.
3. To assist the Executive Vice-President in the projection of new student enrolment.
4. To identify problems and opportunities in recruitment.
5. To solicit and receive opinions and suggestions on recruitment from all elements of the university community.
6. To discuss suggestions on recruitment and to recommend action to appropriate officers.
7. To receive reports from university officers on the purpose of various aspects of the recruitment effort.
8. To ensure a co‑ordination of the recruitment effort.
9. To identify areas in which the Senate should establish or review policies or guidelines for the recruitment effort.
10. To ensure maximum retention of students after they enter the university, consistent with maintaining high academic standards.
11. To receive and analyse historical retention statistics.
12. To assist the Executive Vice-President in the projection of student retention.
13. To identify problems and opportunities in student retention.
14. To solicit and receive opinions and suggestions on retention from all elements of the university community.
15. To discuss suggestions on retention and to recommend action to appropriate officers.
16. To receive reports from university officers on the progress of various aspects of the retention effort.
17. To ensure a co‑ordination of the retention effort.
18. To identify areas in which Senate should establish or review policies or guidelines for the retention effort.
19. To report to Senate at least once during each academic year.
(This Committee replaces the Executive Vice-President's ad hoc Committee on Admissions and Enrolment.)
Dean of Arts
Dean of Science
Director, Student Services
Director, University Advancement
Assistant to Deans
(Term of office established at Senate Meeting ‑ December 20, 1980 -- 2 years
Tom Mahaffey (term exp. 1995)
Norm Seymour (term exp. 1995)
J. Frank Harrison (term exp. 1993)
(two appointed by Senate and one the Education Commissioner of the Students' Union) -- erm of office: 1 year
Registrar and High School Liaison Officers to be invited to meetings.
ELECTED BY: Senate
TERM: Two years
NUMBER: Three members