Community Partner Recognition Award
Terms of Reference
This award recognizes a local, regional, national, or international community partner who has made a significant and sustained contribution to the growth and development of educational (teaching and/or research) opportunities in the StFX University community.
The recipient will be recognized at Fall Convocation. The Award includes a framed certificate and cash award of $2000.
Any faculty, staff or student member of the StFX community may submit nominations for the Community Partner Recognition Award.
• Academic Vice President and Provost or designate (Chair of the Committee)
• One member of the Service Learning Advisory Committee
• One student representative (designated by the Students’ Union)
• Two Faculty members (nominated by the Committee on Nominations and elected at a
faculty meeting) who engage in community based disciplinary teaching, community based research, or collaboration on partnership-based research
• One teaching, non-faculty member such as Coady staff, lab supervisors, clinical nurse associates (nominated by their group and selected by SLAC)
• Non-voting member: Service Learning staff person will serve as staff to the committee