(By-Laws, Part 2, Section 14, Article VIII)
-- Inactive (2009-04-06) --
The program of the Extension Department as distinct from its general objectives, shall be reviewed by an Advisory Committee to the Director composed of 10 persons.
1. The Director of Extension;
2. Two staff members named by the staff of the Extension Department;
3. Two nominees from Faculty;
4. One member of the University Administration appointed by the President;
5. The Director of the Coady International Institute;
6. Three persons co-opted by those listed above, selected for their knowledge of the socio-economic conditions of the area.
The Committee may select from time to time persons who will serve as external consultants on an ad hoc basis, relative to selected Extension program areas.
Members in categories 2, 3, 4 and 6 shall serve for a three-year period with initial appointments staggered as appropriate.
The Committee shall select from its University based members, a chair and secretary for a two-year period.
The Committee shall meet at least twice a year but may meet more often at the discretion of the Chair.
Six members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum provided the Department is represented by the Director and one staff member.
ELECTED BY: University Faculty
DATE: October meeting of Faculty
TERM: 3 years