(By-Laws Part 2, Section 14, Article VII)
The programs of the Coady International Institute shall be reviewed by an advisory committee to the Director composed of a minimum of nine persons, as follows:
1. The Director;
2. Two staff members named by the staff of the Institute;
3. One member of the University Faculty elected by the Faculty;
4. One member of the University Administration appointed by the President;
5. The director of the Extension Department;
6. A minimum of three persons co-opted by those listed above and selected for their experience with international development programming.
The Committee may select, from time to time persons who will serve as external consultants on an ad hoc basis, relative to selected Coady program areas.
Members in categories 2, 3, 4 and 6 shall serve for three-year terms with initial appointments staggered as appropriate.
The Committee shall select from its University-based members, a chair and a secretary for a two-year period.
The Committee shall meet twice a year to review programs, but may meet more often at the discretion of the Chair.
Five members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum provided the Coady International Institute is represented by the Director and one staff member.
ELECTED BY: University Faculty
DATE: October meeting of Faculty
TERM: 3 years