A committee established to deal will all Academic Computing (teaching and research)
1 To advise the Chief Technology Officer on the formation of policy with respect to the administration (service, staffing, equipment, space and budgets) of University academic computing.
2. To review and make recommendations regarding the Academic Computing budget (for acquisitions, staff, renovations and equipment) to the University Budget committee.
The Academic Computing Committee meets at least four (4) times per year, to deal with such matters as may be brought before it with respect to Computing policy and specifically:
(a) At the first and third meetings to deal with expenditures relative to budget to the preceding month ends;
(b) At the second meeting to deal with the review and recommendations regarding the Academic Computing budget;
(c) At the fourth meeting to review the year end (31 March) actual to budget performance.
That the committee convenes a meeting with the faculty in March of each academic year to:
(a) Inform and discuss with the faculty proposed changes for the new academic year;
(b) Receive input and suggestions for changes and improvement of academic computing.
- Academic Vice President (Chair)
- Deans of Arts & Science
- Chief Technology Officer
- Six faculty members representing and elected by their respective faculties
- Two students (appointed by President of Students' Union (one from Arts, one from Science)
- University Librarian
- Director of Student Services and Registrar
- Vice-President Finance
ELECTED by: Faculties of Arts, Science, Education and Faculty of Business
DATE: Spring meeting
Number of Faculty: 6 in total - 2 Faculty of Arts, 2 Faculty of Science, 1 Faculty of Education and 1 Faculty of Business
Term: Faculty 3 years, Students 1 year