Nominations for the 2018 StFX-AARMS-CMS Math Camp is Now Closed.
Welcome to the webpage for nominating students from grades 10 and 11 to be considered for participation in the StFX-AARMS-CMS Math Camps. Only math teachers/heads of math departments/principals in high schools in Nova Scotia are permitted to make nominations. The nomination process consists of two steps. Both steps are required for a complete nomination.
STEP 1: Recommendation Form (Closing Date is Friday March 8)
- Review the letter/e-mail inviting nominations that was sent to your school principal.
- Review the list of questions on the recommendaton form so you have all the necessary information needed to complete a recommendation online. Fields marked with red * are required. Click here to view the list of information neded for a recommencdation. In the next paragraph, you will be presented with an online version of the form for completion.
- Complete the recommendations(s), one per student, to a maximum of two students per school. Ensure you have the required information as described in preceding paragraph before proceeding. You cannot return to the online form once it is closed and so recommendation of a student must be submitted in one sitting. Click here to gain access to the online recommendation form.
STEP 2: Informed Consent Form (Closing Date is Monday April 1)
- This step is only to be completed after a student has been admitted to the Camp. You will be informed within ten days of the closing date for recommendations of the students who have been admitted.
- Print the Informed Consent form for the admitted student(s) to take home for completion by a parent or guardian. Click here for the form.
- The completed form should be returned to the nominating teacher for it to be sent to the Camp organizers by fax, scan to email, Canada Post, or courier as listed on page 2 of the Informed Consent form.
The Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science at St. Francis Xavier University wishes to thank you for taking the time to making a nomination.