- StFX offers a Master of Education in Leadership & Administration or a Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- The StFX Master of Education program consists of 12 - three credit courses for a total of 36 credits.
- As part of the Master of Education degree requirement, students must attend summer school on the Antigonish campus for a minimum of one 4-week session during July. The session will be the July immediately following acceptance into the program.
- completed a Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent.
- earned an average of at least 70% in the BEd Program or have placed in the top 25% of the BEd graduating class and,
- completed at least two years of successful teaching before enrolling in the first graduate course.
- gained a teaching license equivalent to a Nova Scotia Initial Certificate (TC5) or been employed in a teaching capacity for at least two years in a professional school or post-secondary institution
- met all other admission conditions
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program. Decisions of the Admissions Committee are final. Applications will be considered on February 15th of each year for study beginning in July of the same year. You are responsible to check with the StFX Admissions Office (902 867 2219), before February 15th, to make sure your transcripts and reference letters have arrived. Incomplete files will not be considered for admission.