Where do I return books & CDs?
Return books and CDs to the Circulation Desk (See Map) on or before the date and/or time they are due.
- Place the items in the book return slots
- Return books and CDs to a library staff member at the Circulation Desk
- Return audio-visual materials to the Music/AV/Microform Room or the Circulation Desk
- Return items in our 24 hour 'Book Drop' just outside the front entrance to the library.
- As long as items are returned on or before the due date/time, you will not be fined.
What happens if I forget to return a book or CD or if I lose an item?
- If you do not return items before they are due, you will be fined.
- Fines for books and CDs are 25 cents per day with a limit of $20.
- If you owe $10 or more, your borrowing privileges will be suspended.
- Courtesy notices are sent by email one week before items are due. These serve to remind you to renew or return your library material.
- You will also be notified by email when you have overdue items and/or fines. If you do not reply to the notifications, you will eventually receive a bill for the replacement value of the items, processing costs, and late fees.
- If you have lost materials, you will be required to pay for the replacements of the item plus a $20 processing fee. Please report lost items immediately to Kris MacSween to avoid late fees and to discuss your options.
How do I pay a fine?
Fines can be paid at the Circulation Desk by:
- Cheque: Made payable to Angus L. Macdonald Library
- You can request to have your fines transferred to the StFX Business Office where you may pay online or with a credit card.