Please read the following message from our University Library regarding the reopening of the library on Tuesday, September 8th:
The Angus L. Macdonald library remained closed this summer while library staff delivered services online and via curbside pickup, but we are excited to announce that we will reopen for faculty, students and staff on September 8th from 8am to 5pm until September 11th. Regular academic hours will begin on Sunday, September 13th. To view our schedule, visit https://stfx.libcal.com/hours/.
While the library will once again be open, a number of changes will be in place this term to ensure that we operate as safely as possible. Please note the following:
- All study spaces, including tables, study carrels, study rooms and couches will only be accessible via pre-booking using our new online reservation system.
- Only visitors with a reservation for a room or seat, or a pre-arranged appointment with staff from the Library, IT Services, Student Success Centre or the Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning, will be admitted to the library. All visitors must report to the Access Services desk.
- Masks and physical distancing will be required in the library at all times. You will note that many of our chairs will be labeled as unavailable. Please respect these notices. Unfortunately, we do not have the storage capacity to remove all the chairs and will require your cooperation to ensure our library is a safe place for all.
- Patrons are not permitted into our stacks to retrieve books, journals or other physical materials. Please use our Request & Retrieve service to place a hold on items from our library or use our Document Delivery service to request journal articles. To access materials that cannot be requested (magazines, newspapers, etc.), please create a service ticket by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup from the Access Services desk.
- Access to our special collections and archives will be available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, contact:
- Librarians will provide reference services virtually using our new Library Help Desk widget found on the library’s website: http://www2.mystfx.ca/library/. Librarians will also provide consultations by appointment. To book one, please visit https://stfx.libcal.com/appointments.
- When using photocopiers or other shared electronics (printers, scanners, etc.) you are asked to sanitize or wash your hands both before and after using the equipment. Hand sanitizer dispensers and sanitization wipes are conveniently located throughout the library.
Please respect all our attempts to ensure a safe environment and have patience as we work through new processes and procedures. We are happy to welcome everyone back in to the library and wish you all a great semester!
Sandy Iverson, MEd, MLIS, RP
Angus L. Macdonald Library A105B
St. Francis Xavier University
c. 647 833 7572
Pronouns: she, her, hers