Just another page

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Button 1 Button 2
Button 3 Button 4

 

Home of Education Department (B.ED., Masters and PhD.), and University Advancement (Public Relations, Alumni Affairs, Development, Events, Records).

The first wing of Xavier Hall was built in 1880, under the direction of Bishop John Cameron. The red brick building once housed all of StFX University. The 80’ x 30’ two-story building was built at a cost of $11,000. It contained a chapel, offices, living quarters, dining room and kitchen, for both faculty and students. From 1880 – 1887 the number of students enrolled at StFX doubled. It became evident that the college now required more room and subsequent wings were added.

Bishop Cameron decided that it was important to the future of the college, and to that of the diocese, it must continue to grow. In order to raise funding to construct additional wings, he saw no alternative but look to the parishioners of the diocese for help. Each parish was asked to donate $2.00 per family so that their projected goal of $21,000 be obtainable. As well the diocese was heavenly in debt due to construction of St. Ninian’s Cathedral. The college continued to grow and a second and third section was added to Xavier Hall.

 

 

Slideshow