CLIENTS RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a client of the St FX Health and Counselling Centre you have the following rights:
- The right to health care under conditions that support your personal dignity.
- The right to an individualized health care plan based on your strengths, abilities, needs and preferences. Your health care will be based on this plan and will be revised periodically to ensure its continued appropriateness.
- The right to a health care environment that affords reasonable protection from harm, appropriate privacy and freedom from verbal, physical and other abuses.
- The right to all available services without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
- The right to be informed of the limitations of confidentiality.
- The right to assert grievances with respect to infringement of these rights and to have such grievances considered in a fair, timely and impartial manner.
As a client of the St FX Health and Counselling Centre you have the following responsibilities:
- To be on time for your health care appointments.
- To comply with cancellation policy giving 24 hour notice
- To inform staff of any difficulties you are experiencing with your health care plan.
- To treat yourself and others in the counselling centre with respect and dignity.
- To keep confidential the names of other students who are visiting the counselling centre
To express a grievance the following procedure is to be followed:
- Address the grievance with your Clinician to seek resolution.
- If (1) does not resolve the grievance, seek a meeting with the Director of Health and Counselling Services to address the issue.