The Counselling and Health Centres place a high value on the confidentiality of your information and we have measures in place to protect the privacy of your information.
Our services are confidential, so information cannot be shared with your family, faculty, other student services, or agencies without your consent. There are, however, limitations to our confidentiality policy. These limitations to confidentiality include, but are not limited to the following:
- · There is concern that you may harm yourself or someone else or be unable to care for yourself.
- · Responding to a medical emergency.
- · You reveal apparent, suspected, or potential child abuse or neglect.
- · Matters of public health safety.
- · Complying with a court order.
For more information on how we protect your health information, check out the pamphlet “Protecting Your Health information” available at the front desk.