For All Programs
English Language Proficiency (If English is not your first language or your language of instruction)
- Minimum required scores: IELTS 6.5. with no band below 6. (IELTS is the preferred test; however, we will consider scores above the following: TOEFL internet 92; Pearson 59)
Application Checklist (See Application Form for details)
- Complete application form
- Statement of intent
- Application fee payment
- Reference letters
- Original Transcripts
- Evidence of language proficiency
Original Transcripts: No students will be accepted to the university until original transcripts have been received and verified. Arrange to have sealed transcripts sent from each college or university you have attended.
Master of Applied Science in Computer Science (Course-based)
Applications Open October 15, 2019 for September 2020 start
Applications will not be reviewed until all supporting documents are received and the application fee is paid.
Decisions will take 4-6 weeks after all documents have been received.
Master of Arts or Master of Science (Thesis-based)
StFX has small, collegial MA and MSc programs; typically 1-3 students are admitted annually to each program. Admission is competitive.
MA/MSc Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
If you would like to be considered for scholarships and other forms of finanical support, the deadline for StFX to receive your complete application including transcripts and reference letters is February 15, 2020 for September 2020 start date.
MA/MSc Admission Criteria:
The minimum admission standards are:
- A bachelor's degree with the equivalent of an undergraduate major (36 credits) normally in the field of study of the program to which you are applying. An honours concentration (60 credits) in the field of study may be required.
- an overall average of 70 (B) or higher
- Admission in to the MA and MSc is competitive. Only a few spots are available in each program each year. Meeting the minimum standard is not a guarantee you will be accepted.
** Before you submit an application to an MA or MSc program, you must contact the department directly to determine if there is a faculty member who is available to supervise your proposed program of study. The contact information is availabe in the menu links.
Adult Education or Education