How to Apply
If you are considering applying, you should begin by contacting the program directly. Program contact information is provided in the menu links.
Master of Arts or Master of Science
MA/MSc Admission Criteria:
The minimum admission standards are:
- A bachelor's degree with the equivalent of an undergraduate major (36 credits) normally in the field of study of the program to which you are applying. An honours concentration (60 credits) in the field of study may be required.
- an overall average of 70 (B) or higher
- Admission in to the MA and MSc is competitive. Only a few spots are available in each program each year. Meeting the minimum standard is not a guarantee you will be accepted.
** Before you submit an application to an MA or MSc program, you must contact the department directly to determine if there is a faculty member who is available to supervise your proposed program of study. The contact information is availabe in the menu links.
MA/MSc Application Deadline:
If you would like to be considered for scholarships and other forms of finanical support, the deadline for StFX to receive your complete application including transcripts and reference letters is February 15, 2019 for September 2019 start date.
Adult Education or Education
For All Programs
English Language Proficiency (If English is not your first language)
- Minimum required scores: IELTS 6.5. with no band below 6. (IELTS is the preferred test; however, we will consider scores above the following: TOEFL internet 92; Pearson 59)
Application Checklist (See Application Form for details)
- Complete application form
- Statement of intent
- Application fee
- Reference letters
- Evidence of language proficiency