StFX 2021 X-Ring Bursary Program:
- There is a limited amount of funding available for approximately 6 to 8 graduating students to use towards the purchase of an X-Ring. These funds are meant to aid students to whom the ring will mean something special but who would otherwise not be able to purchase due to financial constraints.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive their X-Ring this December 3, 2020 to be considered for these bursaries.
- To apply, complete the online 2021 X-Ring Bursary application here.
- Deadline to apply is noon on Monday, September 21, 2020.
StFX Limited Bursary Program:
- Applicants must be registered in degree or diploma studies at StFX in the 2020-21 academic year to be eligible to be considered for bursaries in the program.
- To apply, complete the online Fall Term Limited Bursary application here (will open at noon on Monday, September 14, 2020).
- Deadline to apply is 10 pm on Thursday, October 15, 2020.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX General Bursary Program:
- The first round of applications in this programs will open on October 1, 2020.
- Visit the StFX General Bursary Program webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Application for the fall term will open September 16, 2020.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- All bursaries have been awarded for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Applications will open in spring 2021 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in Fall 2021.
Note about Renewable Bursaries in the Entrance and Limited Bursary Programs:
Renewable bursaries must be applied for each year, renewals are not automatic. The recipient must demonstrate that they continue to have need and meet the criteria in each subsequent year of study for the renewal to be granted. If a renewal is not granted, it cannot be regained in a future year of study. A student who has lost a renewable bursary may be considered again as a new recipient in a future year as part of a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of the bursary.
Renewal eligibly does not extend between programs. If, while studying in a diploma or degree program at StFX a bursary is awarded with the potential to be renewed, renewals will only be considered during the completion of that diploma or degree program. Should a recipient graduate and begin studies in a new academic program, they may be considered as a new recipient within a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of a renewable bursary during their previous diploma or degree studies.
Note to Grade 12 Students:
Apply to the Limited and General Bursary Programs once you have begun your studies at StFX, you cannot be considered for funding in either of these programs while you are still in high school.