The Financial Aid Office is available as a resource to students who need information about student loan programs. While the university itself does not have a financial aid program students can use to apply for loan funding, StFX is pleased to participate in government student loan programs with both Canada and the USA. StFX is also a recognized foreign higher education institution in Ecuador's SENESCYT program. Our office is here to help students who may be experiencing difficulties with their application and need help navigating these programs.
The Financial Aid Office administers the university’s four bursary programs: Emergency, Entrance, General and Limited. Details about eligibility and the bursaries offered through each program may be accessed through the menu on the right. The office also assists students with their personal financial planning and credit management skills.
NEW - StFX Laptop Technology Bursary Program: Limited Time Application
- StFX is encouraging all students to have a personal electronic device (laptop recommended) for the 2020-21 academic year. The university recognizes that this requirement may cause hardship for some students whose financial circumstances prevent them from obtaining their own device. Students in these circumstances are invited to complete an application to be considered for a $500 laptop technology bursary.
- Application will open Friday, August 7 at noon, available here.
- Deadline to apply and submit required documentation is Sunday, August 16 at 10 pm AST.
- All completed applications will be reviewed following the closing date, applicants will be notified via their StFX email account of decisions by August 25, 2020.
StFX Limited and General Bursary Programs:
- These programs will open for application in September 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Application is open now, available here.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- All bursaries have now been awarded for the 2020-21 acacemic year.
- Applications will open in spring of 2021 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in Fall 2021.