The Faculty Development Committee was established in September, 1992 to advance the quality of teaching on campus and to promote scholarly discussion. The goals of the Committee are to develop programs for Faculty members who seek assistance in improving their teaching & to foster a teaching environment which is conducive to learning & encourages excellence through all stages of an academic career.
The current Chair of the FDC is Erin Austen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Offers an Orientation for New Faculty which takes place the week before classes start.
- Organizes workshops to improve teaching.
- Brings in guest speakers, usually winners of the A.A.U. Teaching Awards to speak to the Faculty.
- Organizes and distributes grants to enhance pedagogy on campus.
- Distributes information on teaching, such as "The Teaching Professor"
- Maintains this website
A member of the Faculty Development Committee (FDC) represents StFX on a committee of the Association of Atlantic Universities.