Service Calls (FM service Desk)
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday to Friday between 7:30am to 4:00pm
For all requests: email email@example.com or contact the FM Service Desk @ 902-867-2149
For after hour emergencies phone Safety & Security @ 902-867-4444
Normal maintenance includes repairs to:
- Windows, screens and doors.
- Plumbing, heating (too hot/too cold) and electrical (switches/receptacles).
- Painting Touch-ups
- Locks and keys.
- Elevators, fire alarms and sprinklers.
- Hanging pictures, furniture repair, floor and ceiling repairs.
- Changing light bulbs.
- Minor floor and ceilings repairs.
The objective of Facilities Management is to respond to all service calls within 48 hours, or two business days.
Alterations and renovation work includes;
- Patch and paint a complete office/lab.
- Entire floor replacement in an office/lab.
- Add a partition and /or door in an existing space.
- Furniture and drape replacement.
All alternation & renovations should be included in your budget submission by November 30th prior to St. FX’s next fiscal year. Any request after budget approval will require the approval of the VP, Finance & Operations. Requests made after the fact will be assessed and place in a queue based on priority.
- Complete and print the APPLICATION FORM
- Obtain approval from appropriate Vice President via your Dean/Director
- Forward approved form to Facilities Management via campus mail or fax to 902-867-5305
- Facilities Management will estimate cost of project and forward to Space Committee for review of its merit and rank its priority
- Decision will be forwarded to VP, Finance & Operation
Once A&R request has been approved by the Space Committee and VP, Finance & Operations, Facilities Management will select a Project Lead who will be your contact throughout the remainder of the project.
A planned and controlled program of periodic inspections, adjustment, lubrication and replacement of parts as well as performance testing and analysis.
•Includes corrective measures such as repair or replacement of obsolete, worn or broken building systems.
•Critical in identifying and submitting requests for capital funding for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) upgrades, electrical upgrade and energy conservation programs.
•Some of these activities include;
- Monthly and quarterly inspections of all elevators.
- Biannual inspections, lubrication and belt replacement on all washers and dryers.
- Twice a week - inspection of all mechanical and electrical room equipment & systems.
- Annual infra red testing of electrical panels and high voltage equipment.
- Biannual inspections and cleaning of all roof drains.
- Annual cleaning and vacuum of storm sewers.
- Annual inspections and replacement of steam traps.
- Annual inspection of fire alarm systems and sprinkler systems.
- Annual inspection and flushing of fire hydrants.
- Biannual inspection of all kitchen and cooking equipment.
- Monthly air filter replacement is all AHU’s.
The objective of Facilities Management is to reduce the frequency of unscheduled breakdowns and downtime of critical equipment and systems