StFX Continuing & Distance Education Department, in partnership with People’s Place Library, is expanding its programming with a variety of topics and speakers for those 55 and older. Content is of special interest to those 55+ but talks are open to everyone interested.
Learning Lunches (12pm to 1pm - Antigonish People's Place Library)
- January 17, 2018 - Senior Financial Abuse Prevention with Elaine Robertson
- February 14, 2018 - Causes & Consequences of the US Financial Crisis of 2008 with Ed Clarke
- April 18, 2018 - Book presentation: “From Corporate Globalization to Global Cooperation: We Owe It to Our Grandchildren” with Tom Webb
- May 16, 2018 - Medical Marijuana with John McKenna
Registration: not required; admission: free
Mini-Lecture Series (10am to 12pm - Antigonish People's Place Library)
- April 10, 2018 - Sun, Fossil Fuels, and Fire: An overview of how energy is harnessed and consumed provincially and locally with David Morgan and Jay Ross
- April 17, 2018 - The Voyager Spacecraft: Forty years into space . . .Where is it? What have we learned? with Jamie Powel
- April 24, 2018 - The Way My Mind has Changed: From Text to Material What archaeologists have uncovered in Jordan about its territory and people of the first millennium BC with Dr. Burton MacDonald
- May 2, 2018 - Freshwater governance: Two stories of politics with Dr. Peter Clancy
Contact Continuing & Distance Education Department for details or to register for mini-lecture series.
Trudy Delorey, Coordinator Phone: 902-867-5561 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org