The Learning Centre
The Learning Centre (Annex 8A) is available to help you achieve success in the following courses:
CSCI (128, 161, 162)
MATH 101/102, 106/126, 107/127, 121, 122, 105; STAT 101, 224, 231;
You are invited to drop by the Centre during open hours to study and do course work. Free tutoring in the courses listed above will be given to individuals or groups at specific times.
It will be staffed by a combination of junior/senior students in the Departments of Computer Science and Mathematics & Statistics. The Centre is intended to complement the assistance already given by course instructors, and is in addition to the tutorial sessions which will continue to operate on Tuesday evenings in SCHW252 (Computer Lab) at 6:00 pm.
Come prepared if you are seeking free tutoring to maximize the benefit. Before coming to the Learning Centre please consider: reading the textbook, reviewing class notes, and trying the question a couple of times.
Bring along your class notes, textbook, specific questions and areas of concern. Tutors will not give answers to assignment questions that count toward your course mark but will provide hints to assignments and help you complete similar problems.
The Centre will be open to students for studying and course work during the times listed below.
Open Hours for Annex 8A (see hours below when a tutor will be available):
Monday: 8am to 9pm
Tuesday: 8am to 9pm
Wednesday: 8am to 9pm
Thursday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 7pm
- Tutors will be available during specific times and specific subjects, please refer to the tutoring schedule at the bottom of page.
- Each session will be geared towards certain subjects. Check schedule and note the subject in the tutor column.
- At closing, security will be locking the door, so please be prepared to leave if asked.
- Pease check back to this site often for any updates or changes in the schedule.
- Each tutoring session will run for 55 minutes unless otherwise noted.