Challenging a Prior Work Experience as a Co-op Work Term
NOTE: Undergraduate students enrolled in the co-op program who have completed COOP 110 are not eligible to challenge a prior work experience as co-op.
Work Experience Requirements
When considering whether or not to challenge prior work experience as a co-op work term, consider if your prior work experience meets the following requirements.
- The work paid a minimum $12.00/hr
- The work was supervised
- The work helped you establish and achieve your career goals
- The work lasted for a minimum of 13 consecutive weeks (full-time employment, minimum 35 hrs/wk)
- The work was relevant to your academic program
- The work experience must have occurred within the last two years and before the date, the student was accepted into the Co-op Program.
Students beginning the StFX Co-op program in the fall must submit the following documents by October 15th.
- Evidence employment. Include a signed letter from the employer indicating start/end date, hours per week, salary, and job title.
- A detailed job description that outlines the duties of the position.
- Supervisor contact information. A co-op staff member will contact your supervisor to solicit feedback on your performance during your work period of employment
- Five Learning Objectives
- Reflective Essay
- Student Performance Evaluation (End of Work)
- E-Portfolio Assignment (asked the Co-op Office for the document)