The Co-op Program will notify students by email when application is received. If you do not receive an email, we did not receive your application. Please read the following information before completing the Co-op Application form. Read section 9.12 in the StFX Academic Calendar for information regarding program requirements.
A minimum overall first year average of 65% is required for students joining the program in their second year. A minimum overall average of 70% in the second and subsequent years is required for students who join and remain in the program.
- Co-op work term opportunities in Antigonish are limited to non-existent. Please consider your ability/willingness to relocate for co-op work terms as you apply to the program.
- Depending on the economy and the types of employers in your "home town/city", co-op opportunites may also be limited. If you are unwilling to relocate, co-op education may not be a good fit for you.
- Students who have narrowed their work term options to specific industries and/or jobs will find it difficult to secure a work term. For example, professional sports teams traditionally have not offered paid co-op work terms. If you are unwilling to explore other industries or jobs, co-op education may not be a good fit for you.
- Unpaid internships will not be considered as co-op work terms.
- Students are strongly encouraged to ulitize the resources of the co-op team while also conducting a self-directed job search.
Professional Development Seminar Schedule 2018-2019
|COOP 110||October 13, 2018|
|COOP 120||October 27, 2018|
|COOP 130||November 3, 2018|
The Co-op Program costs $3300. Co-op Programs across Canada will set up their fee schedule differently. At StFX our primary reason for setting fees as a "pay as you go" system was to spread co-op fees over a period of time as students complete the various program components. Students should not place the "dollar value" as it relates to seminars or work terms.
|COOP 110 (Seminar)||$600|
|COOP 120 (Seminar)||$600|
|COOP 130 (Seminar)||$600|
|COOP 401 (Work Term 1)||$500|
|COOP 402 (Work Term 2)||$500|
|COOP 403 (Work Term 3)||$500|
|COOP 404 (Work Term 4)||$0|
|COOP 405 (3 credit course)||$0|