Our staff embraces the philosophy that students with disabilities are students with abilities who face unique learning and facilities barriers. We work hard to be a welcoming and supportive place where you can face, manage or overcome barriers. To do that, we rely on students to connect with us to establish a collaborative working relationship.
Student Responsibilities include:
- Attend class and complete readings and assignments - doing just this will help you be successful
- Provide Centre staff with documentation regarding your disability and or diagnosis and to talk about support services you may require
- Work with staff in the writing of a “Letter of Accommodation” that you will present to your professors/instructors. This Letter will help you to talk with your professors and instructors about putting in place recommended accommodations.
- Contact professors/instructors to discuss accommodation requests and to remind them in advance that you will be taking your tests/exams with the Centre for Accessible Learning.
- Inform staff at least 3 business days in advance of any tests/exams that you would like to write your test/exam in our centre. Three days are needed to ensure that your testing accommodations will be met.
- PLEASE NOTE: IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SUBMIT REQUIRED RECEIPTS FOR GOOD AND SERVICES FUNDING TO PROVINCE OF ISSUE.