You may be eligible for a Bursary and an Equipment and Services Grant. These supports would be awarded every year that you are enrolled in a post-secondary program of studies. You must meet three criteria to access these supports:
1. you must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program of studies (university or college)
2. you must meet the eligibility criteria for a Canada Student Loan'
3. you must have a documented permanent disability.
Please see the general information below which we have copied from the Ontario Student Assistance Website about the bursary and grant. While posted on the Ontario site, this information applies in all provinces with additional supports available for students who are residents of Alberta or Nova Scotia.
BURSARY FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES (BSWD)
CANADA STUDENT GRANT FOR SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT FOR PERSONS WITH PERMANENT DISABILITIES (CSG-PDSE)
1. Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) A Bursary of $2,000 that eligible students receive every year that they are registered in post-secondary studies.
2. Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE) A Grant of up to $8,000 for which eligible students can apply for every year they are enrolled in post-secondary studies. This Grant can be used to pay for Goods and Services that have been recommended in medical documentation.
Please find information specific to your province in the alpha-ordered list we've posted in the Online Resources section of this page - link on the right side of page.